Thursday, June 21, 2012

*cue café saxophone soundtrack*

I am loving San Francisco!! Hahaha I feel so unoriginal saying this. On the other hand, aren't you supposed to enjoy the good moments when they come? I am loving being in a city again, meeting new people and hanging out with frisbee peeps, watching the streetcar or whatever the hell they call it go by, reading in the sun in the Golden Gate Park. I like living in my little quiet neighbourhood near the park and everything I need at 9th & Irving, I like being able to bike to both ends of the park where I play frisbee (east end on Saturdays, west end Tuesdays and Thursdays). I like my roommates and my apartment! It's all good.

I've been "working" from home this week since my OPT started. What that has meant is that bleary-eyed at 8am I open my laptop from my bed in case someone emailed me. Because I have learned that if I don't respond in less than two minutes to the email, the job will be given to someone else. That happened on Monday. But I learned! And now I am crazy on top of my email. And I've gotten more jobs. Thank the flying spaghetti monster.

So then, if I do get some work, I, still bleary-eyed, stumble in my pajamas to the table in the kitchen and try to get organized really quickly. I'm not really a fan of this process - I like being able to shower, get dressed (if only in sweatpants) and put my contacts in before starting the day. I've been trying to set a sleep schedule for myself to wake up at 7:30, but I've been having some trouble being tired early enough at night to not want to kill myself waking up at 7:30. I think today I actually woke up before my alarm, and I managed to get up and ready and at the table at 8am to start my workday. Look at me, I am so good. GIVE ME WORK!

I was actually supposed to work a few hours this morning, but apparently the translator never did his/her work and so the file will be ready tomorrow instead. I actually have a full work day tomorrow. So today, I finally made it out of my house and into a café whose tables are almost fully occupied by people with Macs. Well, one guy has an iPad, but I guess that still counts. AREN'T WE COOL?!! Living the life. Is everyone else unemployed(ish) like me?

So the weather has been amazing summery, and everyone likes to warn me that it isn't going to last. Today it's cold - 12 Celsius (55 Fahrenheit - look at me learn!) but I'm not any less happy, it just feels like fall in Canada, which I happen to love! NOTHING WILL STOP MY GOOD MOOD!

Alright, that's enough caps lock for today. I came here for a reason, on to the applications.


BYYYYYYEEEEEE






2 comments:

Jesse D. said...

AWESOME! The immediate response required for translation jobs sounds awful, but I love the sound of biking to both ends of the park for frisbee! Find an e-frisbee app and we can play too!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Juicey" said...

Lol JESSEEEEEE!!!! When I get a smartphone!! :P