Saturday, August 21, 2010

I just woke up from a horrible dream. I was travelling, but I couldn't enjoy it because I realized that somewhere along the way in the confusion with buses, I had lost my duffel bag. HOW could I lose it? Where could it be? ........ I was so relieved to wake up and realize I don't even own a duffel bag. I am so tired of worrying about losing stuff... and so glad I'm stuck in one place for awhile. Haha! I'm such a nerd.

Two weeks have passed since I got here. Weather: every day it's cloudy with a fine mist falling in the morning, breaking into sun at noon and through the afternoon, and then by evening it's back to the mist. Activities: buying stuff to move myself in (I now love Target), reading, watching tv, running every morning, hearing Amy complain about her mandatory economics boot camp. We also have already hosted one potluck and one beer pong party (the latter took place last night). I had never played or even seen a game of beer pong, so thank God for second graduate degrees to make up for lost opportunities.

Orientation starts on Monday. We have a group meeting with our academic advisor and then hopefully I get to register for classes! The rest of the week looks to be pretty uneventful, except for a 3-hour-long "community-building session" on Tuesday that smacks of icebreakers and pointless getting-to-know-you activities. I guess MIIS is smaller than the average university so there actually is a good chance I'll run into these people again, but still. Please don't make me play games.

And I'm off to slack off another Saturday! Wish me luck.

2 comments:

william McGinty said...

1. target is amazing
2. beerpong? haha
3. sounds awesome there
4.hi!

"Juicey" said...

hi will!! :)